Homogenizers are widely used in various industries. Such devices are designed to obtain stable homogeneous mixtures of multiple components, thoroughly crushing the disperse phases, with the introduction of surfactants for the stability of the mixture.
The manufacturers of homogenizers supply the market with the following types of devices:
- High-pressure homogenizers.
GlobeCore developed KLM colloid mill homogenizers that grind the materials to a particle size of 1 micron. The important advantage of the colloid mill is non aggregation of particles due to wet grinding.
The ratio of liquid and solid phases is determined by the type of processed materials and can vary from 1:2 to 1:6.
The KLM colloid mill are successfully used in the preparation of food emulsions and suspensions, the production of modified bitumen, bitumen emulsions, varnishes, paints, etc.
The processed material passes through the gap between the rotor and the stator. The centrifugal force rotates the particles around their axis and ruptures them. The grinding effect in the GlobeCore colloid mills is enhanced by other phenomena, such as cavitation and mashing.
In addition, there are other benefits that allow KLM colloid mill to hold a leading position in homogenization on the market:
- The variety of design of electric motors (general purpose industrial version or explosion proof), depending on the conditions of future operation;
- Adjustment of the fineness of grinding;
- Obtaining stable products with the desired performance;
- A high degree of homogenization;
- The mills are constructed from the material requested by the customer (black metal, stainless steel, chemical stainless steel, etc.).