Early February, members of GlobeCore had a business trip to Baku (Azerbaijan). The purpose of the trip was commissioning and launching of the previously supplied UVB-1 plant (capacity of 2 m3/h), designed to produce bitumen emulsions.
The project was completed on time, in full compliance with international quality standards – which allowed the workers of Azerbaijan to start production of bitumen emulsions.
Today bitumen emulsions are generally used for:
- Surface treatment. The main advantage of using bitumen emulsion is its ability to work with wet gravel;
- Fine sealcoating. Selecting an emulsifier allows for quick coating. Active traffic can be resumed in 1 or 2 hours after completion of works;
- Preparation of cold mixes for recycling directly on the site;
- Impregnation of soil consisting of gravel and sand;
- Seal coat (waterproofing, providing non-skid surface, anti-glare surface, reducing deterioration and cracks);
- Surface tack coat treatment (for best bond strength treatment of pavements);
- Macadam pavement (gravel impregnated with bitumen).
GlobeCore produces all types of bitumen emulsions to meet the challenges of road construction, as well as modified emulsions for roofing and waterproofing works.